Sunday 11 September 2011

Idea sex

Yeah I said it, those cheeky thoughts.

So far on this hustle filled path we tread, I've found original ideas are the most sought after in this business. Alternative ways of doing stuff gets attention; SBTV using youtube to target our audience directly, showing young people what they want to see and cutting out the suits producers have to go through to get stuff on telly, has led to a behind the scenes doc on Channel 4. Jamal's klout from doing so is now recognized by huge brands, and used to sell their stuff like New Era and Google. As does unexplored avenues; my idea for a radio doc on gay rappers made it onto a national BBC station and got pick of the week in a couple of papers just because it was random.

Forcing new ideas when asked by professional brain pickers, isn't always easy though. Kinda like writers block. So pondering how to squeeze the most juicy ideas out of my brain I got to watching some cool TED talks about it which I thought I'd share with ya.

Where good ideas come from:



And idea sex, grrr:

No comments: